I will occasionally post recipes on this blog that may cause you to question the label of “recipe” being attributed to a skill-less combination of store-bought ingredients. Your questions are okay with me. Maybe we should refer to these as “recipe hacks.” In any event, this is my recipe hack for 3 ingredient Chinese Fakeout.
Mandarin Chicken with Snow Peas
1/2 package TJ’s snow peas
1 bag TJ’s Rice Medley (each box has 3 bags)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. When timer goes off, reset time for 4 more minutes. The chicken isn’t done yet! I just wanted you to drag yourself from the TV to prep the rest of this meal!
5. Place bag of rice in microwave and cook for 3 minutes on high.
6. In large microwave-safe bowl, cook snow peas for 1 minute. Feel free to adjust depending on how crunchy or soft you like your snow peas.
7. When timer goes off (now the chicken is done….), pull the chicken from the oven. Make sure it is hot and looks crispy. If you want it crispier, feel free to add it back into the oven for a few minutes. You want to make sure you get a nice little crunch on the outside. One the chicken is crisped to perfection, add to the bowl with the snow peas.
8. Toss chicken and snow peas with 1 bag of Mandarin Orange sauce, 2 bags of sauce, or any amount of sauce you desire! I usually use 2 bags of sauce, except when I’m trying to be healthy. (Hah! “Healthy!” With this recipe, that’s a little bit of a stretch, but hey, every little bit counts, right?) I always add a little Siracha, spicy garlic sauce, or red pepper flakes to give it a little heat, but that extra addition is entirely up to you. Enjoy!